MOLINE, ILLINOIS (Decembr 1, 2020) — The Moline Foundation is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the 2021 Vietnam Veterans Scholarship for Veterans Chap. 299. This year, three scholarships worth up to $1,500 each are available for pursuit of either an apprenticeship, associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or a certificate.
The award is based on an essay, military/community activities, job history, and financial need. Deadline for the application is February 28, 2021: All information must be in by that date. Go to MolineFoundation.org to apply.
The criteria for the scholarship is:
- Who can apply;
- Veteran with more than 180 days of active service;
- Residence in one of the seven counties served by The Moline Foundation: Warren, Henderson, Henry, McDonough, Mercer or Rock Island in Illinois or Scott County in Iowa;
- Essay: Must answer "What did you learn during your service in the military?" Limit 250 words;
- Plans: To attend a college, university, or trade/technical school within the above mentioned seven-county area and must enroll for a minimum of six hours or more of credit per semester;
- Financial Need Shown: Need to attach family’s latest 1040 completed tax form showing total income—but blacking out all SSNs and Bank Accounts plus 150 words or less on financial need;
- Special Requirements: Preference will be given to those students seeking a career in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM), Liberal Arts/Humanity or trade/technical career. Extra consideration for community and military activities;
- Must Submit:
- Three letters of reference: two personal letters and one from teachers or staff; and
- Copy of DD2-14 military service record.
About The Moline Foundation
The Moline Foundation, founded in 1953, is a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, community development, the arts, and other charitable organizations which benefit the citizens of Moline and the surrounding area. The Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts for all citizens in a seven-county region including Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, Warren, Henderson, and McDonough Counties in Illinois, and Scott County in Iowa.